Tuesday, September 25, 2007

At Last the Cricket World Cup is Ours Again

For me this world cup win is special for couple of reasons. One, it was a fairly young side - one player even making a debut in the final. Second, even before the first ball was bowled I knew India would win. Such was the confidence level of this team.

It was good to see that every player had a role to play in bringing the cup back home. I just hope the selectors continue to give chances to young players over the ones who have taken their places for granted.

The 20-20 tournament had me hooked on to the telly after a long time. I was lucky to witness some of the most spirited young men from India playing their heart out on the cricket field.

Three cheers for team India!!!

On a rather different note, I wish hockey players too were bestowed with such lavish gifts on their win. Even their efforts need to be equally acknowledged. After all hockey is still our national sports.

No comments: